Tuesday, June 21, 2005

It's been 2 weeks

It's been over 2 weeks I'm in Norway, a country I've never dreamt of living or even visitting. I don't know why I was fooled to move to here in the first place. Hehe...The answer, according to my dearest husband, is because I love him so much. Well...it's true..that's the reason. I or we had a nice life in the States. A big house with a huge garden and 2 cars. Here...we don't have anything...yet. We thought we had lots of money after selling our house back in the States. We could get a big and nice house here as the houses were cheaper. My husband was a transfered employee, so he got his job back here in Norway. And all our moving expenses were paid by his employers. I could take my time, study the language, do whatever I want, just to have a bit relax life after having been working so much. The reality is EVERYTHING IS SO EXPENSIVE here. We can't get a nice house in where we want to without me having a job. And it's not easy for me to get a job without the ability to speak Norwegian yet. Arggggghhhh..I've been awaken from my dream!!!
I've been here for over 2 weeks only. I think it's too early to tell whether I like living here or not. Things are definitely different than the States. One thing I like here is the people. I got to meet many nice people. We've been staying with a couple that have 2 kids. They're very nice people. They let us stay with them until we get our own place. But we can't just stay here for a long period, we need to get our own place. People at my husband's work are also nice. Many of them are trying to get me a job. The thing is I don't speak Norwegian yet. So, the people who're making decisions are relunctant to hire me.
The lesson for me now is only one word: P A T I E N T. Ting tar tid. That's the Norwegian saying for "Things take time."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home